Health insurers and providers who are covered entities must comply with your right to:
- Ask to see and get a copy of your health records
- Have corrections added to your health information
- Receive a notice that tells you how your health information may be used and shared
- Decide if you want to give your permission before your health information can be used or shared for certain purposes, such as for marketing
- Get a report on when and why your health information was shared for certain purposes
- If you believe your rights are being denied or your health information isn’t being protected, you can
- File a complaint with your provider or health insurer
- File a complaint with HHS
You should get to know these important rights, which help you protect your health information.
You can ask your provider or health insurer questions about your rights.
Training solutions include the gold standard HIPAA credential, Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP) and our world’s first compliance and cyber security credential, Certified Security Compliance Specialist (CSCS).
ecfirst is a HITRUST Authorized CSF Assessor.
Many clients engage ecfirst extensively for the flexible services that range from on-demand consulting to its managed compliance services programs that covers training, policies, remediation, risk assessment, technical vulnerability assessments penetration testing and much more.