Chief executive of ecfirst, an Inc. 500 business; a highly sought-after information security and regulatory compliance expert who successfully delivers solutions on compliance and information security to organizations worldwide.
Education & Certifications
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (Illinois Institute of Technology)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (Clemson University)
- CISSP (ISSMP, ISSAP) – Certified Information Systems Security Professional (Management & Architecture)
- CSCS – Certified Security Compliance Specialist
- Subject matter expert on information security and regulatory compliance standards including HIPAA, ISO/IEC 27001 & 27002, PCI DSS, FISMA and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Enterprise security architect, advisor and consultant to hundreds of mid to large businesses and U.S. government agencies in past two decades.
- Project Manager for hundreds of audits to identify compliance gaps and security vulnerabilities in the enterprise information infrastructure. Authored reports and presented findings and recommended next steps for remediation to executive management and Board of Directors.
- Established security strategy and tailored information security policies and procedures for many organizations across the United States.
- Developed complete library of information security policies and procedures to meet requirements of ISO 27002, HIPAA, SOX, PCI DSS and other legislations and standards.
- Developed BizShield™ – a cyber-security methodology for The Seven Steps to Enterprise Security including risk assessment and management, policies, remediation, training, and audit.
- Established the world’s first certification program that comprehensively addresses global compliance standards and regulations in the area of information security – Certified Security Compliance Specialist (CSCS™).
- Earned exclusive endorsement of ecfirst’s compliance training program by the American Hospital Association (AHA). Exclusive author of compliance & security tip articles that are sent by the AHA to thousands of hospitals in U.S. every week.
- Author of several best-selling industry books, including The Art of Information Security, Internet & TCP/IP Network Security and Getting Started with HIPAA.